At SPC we are committed to striving to keep your tablets updated and thus solve small bugs and software problems that may arise.
You can get updates in 2 different ways:
Through automatic online updates
Through the "Update" application of the application drawer. In this case you simply have to follow the instructions on the screen. In this case, it is the tablet itself that will notify you when there is an update available through a notification.
De manera manual
The information contained in the rest of the article applies to tablets with Allwinner processors.
There are updates that must be done manually connecting the tablet with a PC and following a few simple steps. In this section we explain how to carry out the manual update.
The first thing you should do is download these files:
- Updater (program that you have to run on a Windows computer)
- Firmware (contact our technical support to check if there is an update and how to download the file corresponding to your tablet)
Guarda estos archivos en una ubicación accesible y fácil de recordar, por ejemplo, el escritorio de tu ordenador.
Proceso de actualización
Durante del proceso de actualización, asegúrate que la carga de la batería de la tablet es mayor del 80%. Do not disconnect the tablet from the computer, and do not turn off the tablet or computer.
1. Install the PhoenixSuit updater:
- To do this, run the file PhoenixSuit_EN.msi that you have downloaded, and follow the steps.
- If this window appears during the update process, click "Continue"
2. Run the Phoenix Suit updater </ p>
- Once installed, you will have created direct access to it in Start/Programs Click on it.
- You will see this screen:
- It could be that tells you about a new version of the updater. Click “No”
- Click on “Firmware”:
- Click on “Image” and choose the firmware file with the IMG extension that you have downloaded. Once you have selected it, click “Open”:
- Coge la tablet y apágala completamente (ten en cuenta que si has hecho un “apagado rápido” o “quick boot” no funcionará)
- Take the USB cable included in the box (if you use another cable, the process will not work properly)
- With the tablet turned off, press the HOME key (if your model does not have a HOME key, use the VOLUME- key), and without releasing the key, connect the tablet to the computer via the USB cable; then, keeping the HOME (or VOLUME-) key pressed, press the POWER key repeatedly (you may need to press it up to 10 times) until the computer recognises the device you have connected and begins the process.
- First install the drivers on the computer. Select “Yes, once only” and “Next>”
- Select "Install the software automatically (recommended)" and "Next>”
- In the process, this window will appear, select "Continue”
- Once the wizard finishes, click on "Finish"
- This window will close and the next window will pop up in the updater. Click “Yes”
- The update process will begin. You will see the progress bar moving This process can take several minutes, you must wait for the process to finish completely.
- When it finishes you will see this window. Click "OK" and close the updater.
- You can now disconnect the tablet. You will now be able to enjoy the latest firmware version, and subsequent updates will be made from the "Update" application in the menu.